Mosaic Midwifery is committed to excellence and evidence-based practice with a focus of providing inclusive care for low risk clients seeking home birth services. Mosaic invests in expansion of midwifery through training of new midwives and welcoming increased diversity amongst midwifery clientele. Respect, empowerment, and collaboration serve as the foundation for the care we offer.
We understand that birth is unique and can be a personal, family or community journey. We respect the myriad of birthing styles and have no expectation of how a client should labor or birth. We recognize that a community of support has a paramount effect on an individual’s experience during the childbearing cycle — who you welcome into your birthing space, is your choice. We would love to be a supportive piece in your community mosaic.
Mosaic Midwifery was launched in 2015 by Jes La Bleu & Michelle Gilley, both Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs), who have trained and worked together since 2007. They both graduated with an Associates of Science in Midwifery degree in 2009 after completing their midwifery training through the National College of Midwifery & Newlife International School of Midwifery in Davao City, Philippines. They worked in maternal and infant health care in Bihar, India from 2010-2012 and have since been working as home birth midwives in Oklahoma.
- CPR [2007 - present]
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) [2007 - present]
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) International Provider - Certified until 2019
- Birth Emergency Skills Training (BEST) - 2013
- Helping Babies Breathe - 2014 (Michelle)
- Acupressure for Labor Support & Postpartum Care - 2015
- Postpartum Support International : Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders - 2016
- Maia Midwifery : Providing Culturally Sensitive Care for LGBTQ Families - 2016 (Jes)
Mosaic Midwifery Affiliations:
North American Registry of Midwives
National Association of Certified Professional Midwives
Oklahoma Midwives' Alliance
Oklahoma Healthy Birth Alliance
Midwives Society of Oklahoma
Midwives' College of Utah
Perinatal Safe Spot
The Welcoming Project
The Edmond Birthing Center